Sunday, February 24, 2013

Owl Stand in Holy Places- New Beginnings 2013

This last Wednesday, we had New Beginnings in our ward for the young women. For thise who are not members of my church, New Beginnings is a special night where we honor the 11 year old girls who will be entering the youth program in 2013 as well as the girls we already have in our group. We were inspired by this post at Hang a Ribbon on the Moon and decided to go with a Valentine's/owl theme: "Whooo Will Stand in Holy Places?".

For the decorating, we went all out with pink/red/white. There were heart garlands, tissue paper cutouts for the tables, Hershey Kisses, and milk glass vases (my favorite!). Two of the leaders had beautiful vases with pussy willow branches to keep with the woodsy owl theme.



One of the biggest projects was a streamer banner to cover the chalkboard in the Relief Society Room. Grant helped me BIG time putting it together at home. 10 rolls of streamers later, we had a beautiful backdrop that doubled as a photo booth backdrop after the program. Here is the before pic in my living room :
 
and hung up on the chalkboard.
 
 
 
 
 


Here is a close up of the programs I printed up...
The favor bags were just brown lunch bags put through the printer...

with different colors of pink tissue paper for a little bit of ombre :)

We made some cute owl masks, and the girls (and leaders) loved hammin' it up in front of the camera!










I even sneaked in there too. :)

Overall, it was a wonderful night with wonderful people. So happy we could make these girls feel special.

 I. Love. My. Calling.








my iPhone



No comments:

Post a Comment