Thursday, November 22, 2012

City Day

On Monday (19th) we took the Metro all the way from Esteio to downtown Porto Alegre. There is a HUGE mercado there that I had been dying to visit. We had some souvenir shopping left to do, and it seemed like the perfect place to get that done.

What a bustling city! I definitely felt like I was in a different country, as fashions were a bit different, there were different smells and people all around yelling in Portuguese to advertise their product(most of these were advertising places where you could buy gold as well as get a tattoo, all in one shop. Classy.)

We saw a cute pet shop:






We stumbled upon a beautiful cathedral, with a hand painted ceiling that was unreal:








We saw cool buildings:






And lots of pigeons:



On our way back, we stopped in Canoas, another one of Grants mission areas. I loved this city! There were lots of shops and tall buildings , but it was cleaner and quieter than Porto Alegre. I could totally see myself living there!



Grant found the chapel building:



And the cereal shop (see previous post) which made me sooooo happy:



Another fun day here... Can't believe it's almost over!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment